Thursday, January 8, 2009

They Don't Call it the Most Wonderful Time of the Year for Nothing!

We've been going non-stop! It's been so much fun. There's nothing more fun that spending time with the people you love. However, going back to regular naps and somewhat normal bed times feels like the right thing to do. I guess that's why we only party like this once a year!

Luckily, through all of the hustle and bustle, my husband and son gave me a break every now and then. Colin wrapped all of our presents this year (what a man!), with Micah's help of course. Micah was ever so SERIOUS as he helped his daddy tape. It was precious!


I took some great pictures of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but unfortunately I didn't put the memory chip in my camera and I don't have a chord that hooks my camera up to my computer. SO, those lovely memories are between me and my camera. We spent the night at my parents' house on Christmas Eve, and I felt like a kid again waking up on Christmas morning in my childhood home! It was super fun. Plus, there's something about having a child that makes you feel like a kid again around this time of year. Micah loved the trees and the snowmen and the lights that decorated people's houses, and I had tons of fun introducing him to all of these things!

For Boxing Day, I brought my memory chip. If you want to read about Boxing Day, you'll have to read about it here. The truth is that I really don't know what Boxing day is at all - I've been told, but I guess it went in one ear and out the other. I know it involves crackers (which, by the way, are AWESOME!), and in these crackers you will find little toys and crowns that you later wear on your head. So Boxing Day consists of popping open your British crackers and wearing the paper crown on your head. My favorite part was seeing my husband wear his crown.





I just love seeing the little boy come out in him!

Dinner was wonderful, and the table was just beautiful. Jonna worked really, really hard!



Check out this special Boxing Day cake, which Jonna started MONTHS AGO. I know that it sounds gross, but I wasn't afraid. I ate it, and it was good!



But definitely the highlight is when we hummed Christmas carols with the whistles that came in our Christmas crackers! I can't remember what song we hummed, but we totally nailed it. Score!

Grandpa conducted... the rest of us concentrated.




Jeff and I had an ongoing battle to see if I could take a picture of him playing his little whistle. He put up a good fight as I failed many times, but I definitely won in the end, did I not? Two whistles!!!



AND of course, the highlight for Micah was not so much the whistling...



...as was the old, electric choo choo Grandpa lovingly set up around the tree.



Although there was definitely a portion of the night with NO Micah under the tree, just a Grandpa, a Daddy, and a choo choo. Like I said, kids bring out the kids in us all!



All in all, it was a fun December 26th! What a wonderful family I married into. (And this is just the half of it! I forgot my camera at the other festivities.)


This, by the way, was the THIRD picture we took. There was just too much silliness for Jonna to keep a straight face. And of course, I just now, whilst uploading this picture, realized that Erin was giving Jonna bunny ears. NERNA! After all that trouble!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Dude! It was "The First Noel"!!! And we totally rocked it, for sure. I have 2 more whistle pictures to send you. They put me in my happy place without a drop of vino :-)