Friday, January 9, 2009

Meet Elinor

Meet Elinor Faye Gensch, my beautiful niece! She was born on the 23rd of December and we are so happy to meet her!




Her proud parents! What a wonderful mom and dad they make!



I knew I'd love her, but I wasn't prepared for how much.



She was lookin' good in her Uncle Colin's arms!



Auntie and Uncle



Of course, Micah had some major fun too. Not only did he get to meet his cousin, but he got to play wild and crazy games with Uncle Brian!



And it turns out Uncle Dan is just as much fun as Uncle B!



Cuteness.




Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Micah and Elinor together on my camera, but someone did! I'll get one soon, because Elinor has come for a visit. (Now you know why I haven't been posting!)

While we were in KC visiting Daniel, Meg and Elli, we got to spend time with my Aunt Carla, Uncle Rob and their five kids. It was SO much fun! I didn't take any pictures, but that's because I was too busy sitting next to my Aunt Carla and soaking up her wonderful wisdom. I just love that family so much! They are one of the most loving, curteous and kind families (not just to others but to each other) that I have ever met. My aunt and I talked until 1 a.m. about marriage and family, and I left feeling encouraged and renewed all over again to build a grace centered home alongside Colin (who thankfully is naturally a very gracious man!). Their family is such a precious family, and Colin and I are so thankful for their example as we begin our own family. I felt like I had been on an overnight marriage retreat! It was great and just what I needed!




No comments: