Friday, December 26, 2008

Am. So. Tired.

I think I've been party hopping for three days straight now! One included an overnight. Today was Boxing Day. If you don't know what that is, don't feel badly, I didn't either just two years ago, and now it is a new family tradition! It's great fun. I'm sure there will be more on that later, when I finally get to posting my pictures of the last few days. Things have just been too crazy to upload! And today, I had a really, really bad idea. I thought I'd go to the mall and check out a new store that cousin Kayla has been telling me about.

Cousin Kayla's quite cute. Often, when I see her, I want to know where she got her shirt, earrings, etc. She's been telling me about Forever 21 for awhile now. Apparently, Forever 21 is the new Target. Even, some say, better than Target. I didn't know how it could be true, but there was only one way to find out, and apparently it meant heading out to the mall on one of the worst possible days of the year, battling crowds and body odor and unusally warm temperatures, fighting traffic for half an hour just to find a parking space and then standing in line for thirty MORE minutes so that I could make my purchase. Yes, I have learned my lesson, and I will never again shop at the mall on December 26th. BUT, it turns out Forever 21 is the coolest! And I got a pretty nifty green turtleneck. So, thank you Kayla, for introducing me to a place that, despite the crowd, noise, mess and odor, made me very, very happy!
We leave in the morning for Kansas City to meet our new niece/cousin! We are so excited!!! We just hope that Micah, who must think life has just turned into one big party, does okay in the car after a week of exhaustion! I have a feeling he's going to have a lot of fun meeting his new cousin, and not only that, but seeing his second cousins as well. I can't wait to see them!

3 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I wasn't ready to post...now it looks I regretted what I posted the first time and deleted it. I'm exhasted, too. And we're STILL going. Today is lunch in Hutchinson, and all I want to do is CLEAN MY HOUSE and sit in a room BY MYSELF ;-)

Have a safe trip and take lots of pictures for me. Love you, sister!

K said...

IDLE!