Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What to do on a Long Weekend?

We decided to have a little post-Thanksgiving fun and make snowflakes to decorate the house for winter. I made a salt dough and then Micah "helped" me roll it out and cut out snowflakes. After we baked them, he also helped me paint them (with his new, washable Crayola watercolor paints). It's so much fun watching him learn new things! I love being able to include him in my little projects.

Rolling...


Pounding (complete with sighs and grunts to let mommy know how hard he's working!)



Before they went in the oven...


And the final product...not exactly what we were going for, but close enough!



We also made a gingerbread house with daddy on Saturday night. I am trying to put it in a place where Micah can't snitch the little candies! He figured out pretty quickly that our craft was edible and I have had to keep a close eye on him ever since!


1 comment:

Megan said...

Love it! Micah looks like he's giving it a thumbs up in the second picture. What a cutie!