Friday, May 21, 2010

Hello out there!

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long. Oh what a year this last year has been! The Lord has brought us through many ups and downs, and looking back we can only be thankful for all He has done. Here are some highlights. More details may follow at a later date, but right now it's late and I am impulsively posting at 11:15 at night because I know I want to continue this blog; it's the first post that's the hardest.

Since I posted last...

Micah was in his first wedding!



We rejoiced with my brother as he married his new wife, Karis! We thank the Lord for the wonderful things He has done. Karis is a beautiful person inside and out and an awesome addition to the family!

Micah made the big transition from diapers to big boy pants! He prefers big boy pants with pictures of Superheroes on them, but Thomas the Train Engine BBP are pretty cool too! I admit this was a chore I had been putting off, because the thought of spending my days cleaning up after a potty-training boy was one I wasn't ready to make a reality. Then one day I met a lady at Barnes and Noble who asked me about potty-training (which I thought was odd), wrote down my e-mail address, and sent me an e-book telling me the Secret to Easy Potty-Training. Though I customized the method into something that worked better for us, my conversation with this lady is what pushed me over the edge and made me get started with what seemed to me like an impossible task. The good part is that it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The weird part is that I was a little sentimental as I threw away that last diaper. My baby is ALL GROWN UP.

Micah and I went to Colorado to visit the family! I hadn't been to Colorado since I was pregnant with Micah and I have definitely missed it. Micah had a great time playing with my cousins, who he now calls his "big cousins." He asks about them often!

Colin graduated from college! After getting laid-off in March of 2009, Colin was able to focus on school and finish up what otherwise would have taken about three years to complete. I am so proud of him! It's hard to balance family, work and school, but he did it and graduated with honors! It feels SO GOOD to be done. I'll try to post pictures of his graduation party at a later date.

Colin got a job at Enterprise! He's been working part-time there for a little bit, in a position they created for him as he finished his degree. The day after he completed his classes, they scheduled him an interview and then offered him the job. He took it, and starts full-time on Monday. God is good!

Micah has been imitating Colin's EVERY MOVE these days, which is the highest form of flattery and pretty cute to watch. He will only wear shorts if daddy is wearing shorts, he wears his camo shirt when daddy wears his camo shirt, and if daddy is eating something, it's almost a sure bet I can get Micah to eat that thing too. This flattering imitation of his favorite man melts both his parents' hearts. I agree with him that his dad is a pretty cool man, and one worth imitating.



Now for some random pictures to close this semi-random post. (Oh well, it's a start. Maybe it will be easier to keep up blogging now!) Enjoy!

















3 comments:

Megan said...

YES! I nearly screamed when I saw this post in my reader. I love you and your adorable little family! Miss you like crazy!

smithec said...

Hooray!!! FINALLY! Thank you!!!! I thought it was so funny - as I was scrolling down, oogling over all of the pictures of Micah, all of a sudden I see one of him with a tutu on. After a double take, wait... it's Elli! He is so precious. Where has the time gone?!?!?

Erin said...

You've come back to us! Hurrah!

I can never get enough pictures and stories of The Boy.