Saturday, March 21, 2009

Elli Came to Town!

Last week, Micah and I eagerly anticipated the arrival of Uncle D, Aunt Meg, and cousin Elli, the newest addition to our family. I wasn't sure if Micah would understand what was going on when I told him who was coming to town, but I underestimated him. The whole way to Papa and Nona's house he said, "Elli? Elli? D? Meg?" and swung his feet excitedly in his car seat while looking out the window expectantly. It was going to be a good day.

This little angel awaited us at my parents' house. She gets bigger and cuter each time I see her! I love her SO MUCH! I can't get enough of her!






Uncle B, hogging Elli. Er, I mean, holding her.



Aunt Meg is doing very well and is such a natural mother! I just wish she lived next door to me so that we could be best buds every day.


Uncle D and his little Elli.

For dinner, Uncle D grilled up some barbeque chicken. It was mighty tasty!



Uncle D was nice enough to let Micah "help" him, and all night, he told us so. "I cooked. I did it!" He even ate it. Micah doen't eat, so I definitely need to employ him in the kitchen more often.


Elli and me, at the end of the night. I was savoring every last minute with my little neice!


She was quite tuckered out. But she better get used to the parties! It's the family way.