Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Colin's Graduation!



I made Colin take this picture with the cake. I'm not a very good photographer, and since I know he felt stupid, I only took one photo, lopping off the top of his head. Wal-Mart didn't even put an exclamation mark after "Congratulations Colin", making me very happy that I have completed my cake decorating class and will hopefully be decorating more exhuberant cakes in our future! Because the man deserved an exclamation mark after all he's accomplished.

There's something about a man who can balance putting his family first AND excelling in his career with graduating from college that makes my heart sing. It just takes a moment of watching this man with his son to know that he never put being a father on the backburner.



Here's a few snapshots of Colin with the family at his graduation party:







Congratulations my love! We are very proud of you.






4 comments:

Megan said...

Love it! Congrats to Colin! (And to you... when Daniel graduated, I felt like I did too!)

Erin said...

You're nicer than I am - I'll have to send you the (equally skilled) picture I took of him NOT holding the cake...instead, I made him get down close to the table and put his face next to it. To be honest, it didn't even OCCUR to me to have him pick it up - pregnancy is wild :-)

smithec said...

Yay Colin!!! School is finally finished! How happy I will be when I can post my husband's graduation pictures a year from now (Lord willing of course)!

There is so much I could say about that cake. Hope it tasted good because they definitely didn't go to any extra effort with the decorating of it. I can't believe that they left off the exclamation point! You better be taking pictures of the cakes you are making!

Sarah Marie said...

Hello in blogland, friend! I'm craving another christine post!